Sunday, August 17, 2008

Having a wonderful life!

Blueberry is having a wonderful life! He has traveled to my work place so the residents could meet Blueberry. They all had a great time visitig and holding Blueberry. They were so amazed to see how fast he has grown. He has recently gottten another shipment of food, toys and treats to add his growing collection. I am thinking Blueberry needs his own toy box. We are now able to have Blueberry out more during the day to spend time with the family and play either in his sandbox or play area in the living room. The other day Blueberry figured out how to get out of the cage when the doors are closed. I haven't witnessed this event as of yet, but I do make sure I lock his doors with twistie ties, when I leave home. He has also been weaned from his formula for almost one week. That was a little rough on Blueberry. He will still do his baby flutters and bug me for his formula. Boy can he get nasty because I am not giving in. I am hoping he will soon forget about it seeing he has some real tasty food and treats to eat.

I am now starting to rethink that maybe Blueberry is a female Sparrow instead of a male. I have read that the juveniles and females look the same until after the first molting. Blueberry has been losing some feathers so hopefully he will go through the molting and then I will finally know for if Blueberry is male or female.

No comments: