Saturday, August 30, 2008

It seems.............................

It seems Blueberry is becoming an independent bird now that she is getting older. she will be 2 months old on September 5. She no longer snuggles or wants to be held anymore. I suppose it was bound to happen seeing she is a Sparrow, and probably has wild instincts in her. I never thought this would happen seeing we had Blueberry from the first day of her life and also hand fed her. She will still fly and sit on my arm and my shoulder, but that is all. She doesn't like to be held. I will still always let her out to play in her sand box and play area but will only offer food in her cage. Its one way to lure her back to the safety of her cage. I know she is molting and I have read on the internet that this is a very stressful time for birds. Hopefully whenever she is done molting, she will be a little more calm and more tame. We'll see how things go. For now I will enjoy having her in the house knowing she is alive and safe.

No comments: