Saturday, July 19, 2008

2 Weeks Old!

Blueberry is now 2 weeks old! I am so glad! There has been so many changes and all of them good. The first week of Blueberries life was a little rough and so full of worry. I still worry but not as much. Blueberry is now hopping around, wiggling his tail and fluttering and flapping his wings. This morning he spent about 5 minutes preening his feathers while I held him. I am noticing the sparrow coloring and markings on his head. It will be exciting to find out if Blueberry is a little female or a little male. I can't wait! This morning Blueberry was nibbling on a piece of toast and is starting to explore a little when its play time. He still runs and crawls into my hand for me to hold him or he will find a corner to burrow into. Blueberry is so cute! This morning when I woke him up he didn't squawk for food. That was amazing! Usually thats the first thing you hear when I look into his bucket. He did eat really good though and had fun exploring a little more.

The other day I got his first package in the mail containing some small bird food and 3 snuggle huts. Yes, I bought 3 and all the same color. I'm not sure if having different colored ones would be good. I'm not sure if he'll notice a change and not like it, so they are all the same. I like having more than one snuggle hut so when they get dirty, I can toss the dirty one in the washer and dryer and still have a fresh one for the cage.

Today when I go to work Marilyn has some things for Blueberry. Alex came home from work yesterday and said he didn't know who was more excited about Blueberry, Marilyn or me. After today I am off for 8 days. Vacation time!

No comments: