Sunday, July 13, 2008

Blueberry sure is growing!

Blueberry sure is growing. His pin feathers on his wings and tail are getting longer. I can see where he is getting feathers on his head, back and belly. He is eating much more and is getting active. I am still worried about one of his legs. He moves around a lot and is standing for very short times on his legs. I'm also wondering if his feet will uncurl. He also tries to flap his little wings when he tries to stand. I'm almost positive he is going to make it. The first week was so touch and go. Starting him on the Kaytee bird formula was a very smart thing we did for Blueberry. I am now hopeful and looking at cages, toys, and what good quality Sparrow food I can buy him when he is older. The boys are still taking an interest in Blueberry and helping out when I am at work. I have 3 very good bird sitters. When I am home, most of the care is up to me unless I am very busy, then Alex steps in without any fuss. He really cares for Blueberry. I just love that Blueberry goes to bed around 9:00pm-9:30pm and sleeps until 7:00am. It make me happy that I don't have to get up every 2 hours to feed him. At least this week when I work I won't worry so much about Blueberry. Last week was a worry every day week.

1 comment:

phylly said...

Cindy, I loved the blog about the Blueberry, you all are doing a great job, he is so cuuute!!
Phyllis