Monday, July 21, 2008

Blueberry has a sandbox!

Blueberry likes to fluff his feathers on a towel like the Sparrows do in the dirt of our driveway, so I went and bought a Rubbermaid container and some play sand to make Blueberry a sandbox. I added some rough rocks I just got when we went to the shores of Lake Superior that Blueberry can climb on and also a few toys. When I first put him in the sandbox, he didn't like it one bit! He wanted out! After a while he started to explore and eat some of the sand. Blueberry has been practicing his flying skills lately and actually made it to the rim of the container. I think it is going to take some time for Blueberry to get use to the feel of sand.

I'm starting to wonder if I'll ever be able to wean Blueberry off his formula. I know he is still very young and still dependent on us. I put some of the bird seed I bought him in his little container, or should I say living quarters, and also where he plays. Blueberry pecks at the seed so maybe thats a start. I read somwhere on the internet that he should be completly eating on his own by the time he is 5 to 6 weeks old. I sure hope it goes that way for Blueberry because the boys will be going back to school soon and David sure isn't going to feed a bird from an eye dropper.

I still can't believe the changes in little Blueberry in such a short time. I'm sure glad I am taking pictures of him every day.

I can hear him chirping right now. Its his "Feed me!" chirp. I am trying not to run and feed him every time he chirps. Its so hard. I am hoping he can find ways to occupy himself in his living quarters.

I still can't believe the changes in little Blueberry in such a short amount of time. I'm sure glad I'm taking pictures every day.

1 comment:

phylly said...

Cindy,
Blueberry is really getting big and looking more like a bird all the time..
Wow !!! What fun huh??
have a nice Vacation!!!
See ya later,
Phyllis